Hi everyone--

Just got back from a fabulous 4 days at ALA in Anaheim.
What a great week. Now I'm getting packed and ready for
and excited about an upcoming BER program that may interest
you--next week's 2-day children's literature conference that
looks to be a whole lot of fun. Along with Anita Silvey
(former editor of Horn Book) and Barbara Swanson Sanders,
children's literature consultant, all three of us will be presenting
a whole mess of workshops on every aspect of children's books.

First we head to Chicago for our Really Big Show, July 14-15,
and then mosey on down to Austin and do it again, July 16-17.
If you have any friends/relatives/collegues/next-door-neighbors
you think should get out more, pass this e-mail on to them.
You can come for one or both days, and we'll each be presenting
4 sessions a day. If you are coming, be sure to come up and say hey.
I love meeting LM_Netters on the road.

Here's the link to see all the workshops & schedule and contact info:

Midwest CHILDREN'S LITERATURE Conference (Grades K-6)
CHICAGO, July 14 & 15, 2008
www.ber.org/CourseInfo.cfm?seid=NBA8M1-CHN

Texas CHILDREN'S LITERATURE Conference (Grades K-6)
AUSTIN, TEXAS, July 16 & 17, 2008
www.ber.org/CourseInfo.cfm?seid=NBA8M2-AUS

To see what else BER is sponsoring this summer, go to www.BER.org,
click on conferences, then click on your state and city, and you'll see it
all.

Judy Freeman
Children's Literature Consultant
Author of Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3
(Libraries Unlimited, 2006; www.LU.com)
and Once Upon a Time:
Using Storytelling, Creative Drama, and
Reader's Theater with Children in Grades K-6 (2007)
65 North Sixth Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-572-5634 / BKWSSF@aol.com
www.JudyReadsBooks.com

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.