I saw very little use of our reference section last year. The students, and
teachers, automatically gravitated to using our KidInfo Bits through Gale and other
online sources. However, in their defense, we had a major curriculum overhaul with
changes so maybe teachers did not need the references they have used in the past.

I did purchase new dictionaries, including English/Spanish and Spanish to replace
our old ones and I plan on purchasing new atlases this year. I also plan to market
the reference materials a bit more aggressively but I hesitate to spend much money
on new materials given the rise in the use of our online sources.

Christine Rayl, Librarian
Bowie Elementary School
Grand Prairie ISD, TX

cjrayl@yahoo.com