Original post

Hi all, I am looking for any authors or illustrators who speak about
anything to do with their work or read some or all of their stories online.
I'd like to use some sites of this type for author studies for students from
grades K-5.

Thank you so very much to all who could help.  Barb

I am crazy about Mem Fox. She talks about her work and reads aloud on her
site.

http://www.memfox.net/welcome.html

I just got an email from this author yesterday, he's got lots of fun stuff
on his site.
www.studiojjk.com

Go to itunes, podcast section and there are many many video interviews with
people ranging from L Elhert to B Selznick and everyone in between!!

you might find some on hti site which is older but has updated links:
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~dKBrown/authors.html

another resource:
http://www.cbcbooks.org/contacts

Mem Fox:  http://www.memfox.net/mem-reads-aloud

Various authors booktalking their books:
http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3748896

You might want to check out this site:

http://www.teachingbooks.net

I think you have to pay, but there's free trial...

Robert Munsch:  http://www.robertmunsch.com/storytime.cfm

(this is a great one!)

This site may be just what you need:
http://www.readingrockets.org/books/interviews

And this site will lead you to Canadian authors' websites which may have
video content:
http://www.bookcentre.ca/authors/author_pages.shtml

You can hear Robert Munsch reading his stories on MP3 files on his website:
http://robertmunsch.com/storytime.cfm

My district has a service called teachingbooks.net that gives short video
clips with authors and illustrators, book lists by topic, thematic units,
and websites.  It is searchable by topic as well as author and illustrator.
Check out the site, I believe it was incredibly reasonable for even the
whole distict to have access.

At Christmas time I am usually doing an author study of Jan Brett with
kindergarten. On her website there is a video of her talking about how she
made the book The Gingerbread Baby. She is baking gingerbread with a small
group of children and she talks about her illustrations and reads enough of
the book to tell the story. The little ones seem to like it! I also let them
do the interactive gingerbread decorating activity on the computer as a