Seen on Gary Price's Resourceshelf:

"" + The Food Timeline
  <http://www.foodtimeline.org/>

    Ever wonder what foods the Vikings ate when they set off to
    explore the new world? How Thomas Jefferson made his ice cream?
    What the pioneers cooked along the Oregon Trail? Who invented the
    potato chip,and why?

    Welcome to the Food Timeline! Food history presents a fascinating
    buffet of popular lore and contradictory facts. Some people will
    tell you it's impossible to express this topic in exact timeline
    format. They are correct. Most foods we eat are not invented; they
    evolve.

This site is the work of Lynne Olver, "(a) reference librarian with a
passion for food history." It's awesome! If you've never visited this
site, stop what you're doing and zip over there now. The section of
this site that I, personally, use most often is Historic Food Prices.
Seems like somebody always wants to know what a gallon of milk cost
Back In The Day <http://digbig.com/4xfxq>(PDF; 2.2 MB; scroll down
to page 31). Some data from other countries can be found here as well."

Melissa

--
Melissa Techman, MLS
Teacher/Librarian & Curriculum