-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Niedenfuhr <mniedenfuhr@COMCAST.NET>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Sent: Fri, 30 May 2008 3:47 pm
Subject: BrainPop

I haven't explored the actual program very much, although what I did
view was high interest and helpful, but the teachers in my school love
it like nothing I have ever seen.  I talked the school into
unitedstreaming from Discovery, which I LOVE and someone else ordered
Brainpop at the same time.  But the next year when it ran out they
assumed I had ordered Brainpop, too, and teachers came up to me
constantly until I did start getting it reordered and then this year it
was assumed.  Anything techie that teachers will use I am will promote.
They all said they NEED it and use it all the time.  But there are so
many wonderful free things online, and I have a long list of great
teacher and student sites on my library webpage, worth a link.
I have a question.  I just got new pc, and our techie guy assured me he
could make them as secure from mischief as a mac, and now says he
can't.  What do you do or buy for that?
http://www.geocities.com/mannlmc
Ellen Whelpton, Librarian
Mann MS