From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of sandra carswell
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 5:20 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [LM_NET] tech: wmv to dvd

My theatre arts teacher is having a problem burning a wmv to a dvd so it
can be seen on a regular dvd player. Right now the biggest problem is
the wmv file is 10.3 GB. It is too big to zip (or that is what the
computer says when we try to zip it), and it is too big to save on a
cd-rom, possibly too big for the dvd-r disc. We have it on a computer
that is frozen with deep freeze so we couldn't shut down the computer
for the night because we would lose it. We looked for websites that it
could be posted to but they all have a 5 or 10 GB limit.  What is the
proper procedure for this type of project? I was trying to help her
between collecting fines and overdue books and working on inventory.
Thanks for any advice. Sandra Carswell, Librarian S.C. Lee Junior High
School 1205 Courtney Lane Copperas Cove, TX  76522 254-542-7877
sandracarswell@hotmail.com sandraca@ccisd.com
Change the world with e-mail. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ChangeWo
rld