Hello all!

Just reading all the emails about scanning problems and books on the shelf
that weren't checked in.  That has been a problem here too, along with old
barcode numbers that are too wide for the scanner to read (hand type);
fewer than 14 digits (use the load number and the numbers; change barcodes
when you have time.  I still have about 300 books to do); books checked in
when the connection has been lost and you have to re-log in (kids hear the
beep think it's OK); and  scanning stacks of books only to find that any
combination of the afore mentioned problems occurred and trying to figure
out where to start again.  Then there's the cursor and if there was no
click in the box, scan away the books aren't in, but were probably
returned to the shelf and still on the records.

I think this shows that "self-check" out/ in has some problems.  It also
shows that as carefully as we all try to work mistakes will be made.
Finally it shows that the program probably needs to be tweaked somewhat. I
remember that ACCENT and I think Winnebago also had similar problems.

Another problem I'd like to see taken care of is the lost barcodes when I
type a list in by hand.  There must be a part of cyberspace that has
hundreds of our barcodes floating around because so many didn't print
after the first typing.

Leslie

*******************************
Leslie Greaves Radloff
Teacher/ Librarian
2180 Knapp Street
Saint Paul, MN  55108
(651)293-8735 Ext.1720
(651)293-8737 (FAX)
St. Anthony Park Elementary School
leslie.radloff@spps.org

Want to raise test scores?  School libraries help.  Make school libraries
priority.