Dear colleagues,
Please forgive my insensitivity at suggesting the World Trade Center site is a
"tourist site" as per my post about travel advice to NYC. When we were there in
June of 2001, we spent a considerable amount of time in the financial district, as
our tour guide's husband worked at the EPA. While we were there, we took my
then-6-year-old son's picture by "The Business Man Statue," on which he'd place a
Yankee hat on his head and baseball in his hand. In the days following 9-11, one of
the AP pictures that was released was that same statue, no longer on the bench on
which he'd been sitting, but on the ground, surrounded by flowers in memoriam.

My sincerest apologies,

Lisa Dreesman
Teacher-Librarian
Carroll Middle School