I thought I posted this Hit more than 24 hours ago, but I never saw it
posted. Forgive me if this is your seond receipt of this posting.
************************************
 Debra Gniewek, Librarian
CRHS South
Holland, PA
 vm: 215-944-1175
 fax: 215-944-1144
 dgniewek@crsd.org
debgniewek@gmail.net

Thanks so much for all your responses. As promised, I'm posting this HIT:

Subject: RE: Target: Curious Incident Used in High School Classrooms

I have used this for the past three years at the Senior Honors Level. I use
parts of it for teaching the trait of Organization with my Juniors. For
example, the first page to discuss hooking the reader and the letter from
his mom to talk about transitions. I always hope to get to it with my Senior
Regents, but seem to run out of time. Though I do think they could handle
it. I don't think there is a challenge at the senior level with the langauge
or content. And actually it lends itself to so many different types of
lesson and projects for class. The possibilities are endless. And the
students love it every year and pass it around to other students to read. It
opens up the world of disabilities for them in a way lecturing about it
never could.

________________________________

This is a wonderful book!!!  The language might offend some but the story
has so many wonderful lessons in it that it would be worth fighting the
challenges!  I really hope ya'll decide to add it.

Laurel Hill, NC

*
In our district it's used as a tenth grade text. No challenges that I know
of so far.

*

*
*