While browsing the shelves at our local kids' bookstore for our book fair, I
ran across some wonderful books I want to share with you all:

Dooby Dooby Moo, by Doreen Cronin, the continuing saga of a barnyard full of
animals who keep outsmarting the farmer - this time, by entering a talent
show to win a trampoline.

Beetle Bop, by Denise Fleming, a colorful look at the world of beetles, done
in her unique stencil-and-cotton-pulp style.

Ohio, by Erin McHugh, a state-shaped hardcover book that tells all about our
wonderful state. (Looks like the publisher, Black Dog & Leventhal
Publishers, has state-shaped books for other states, too.)

First Snow in the Woods, by Sams and Stoick, full of gorgeous photos and
lush prose and dialogue.

We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball, by Kadir Nelson, the
best book I've ever seen on the subject, with fabulous illustrations and
lots of interesting historical info.

Dear Deer: A Book of Homophones, by Gene Barretta, a really cute
introduction to words that sound alike but have different meanings.

Book Fair Day, by Lynne Plourde, a good book to read to little ones who
aren't sure what a book fair is all about.

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?, by Jon Ogee (and a variety of other
illustrators), answering the age old question in their own strange ways,
complete with pix. Good for giggles, writing prompts, art ideas...

Fold Me a Poem, by George Stringer, a lovely collection of short poems about
pictured origami animals, with a resource list in the back.

Cookies: Bite-Sized Life Lessons, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, a new kind of
dictionary that explains with cute pix the meanings of words like kindness
and cooperate. Great for value training or character lessons.

I loved these!!