I have received loads of ideas for memorials for my assistant who
recently died...I intended to thank each person individually but the
numbers were overwhelming and I came down with the flu on top of it!

Anyway some also asked for a HIT so here is a consolidated list
        trees, shrubs, memorial garden, bird bath
        fish tank
        mural
        designated bookshelf
        rocking chair
        stained glass window
        child reading statue
        naming the library
        globe on a stand
        specialized bookmarks
        art work
        reading award
        scholarship
        puppet theatre
        glass display case

Unfortunately some of these won't work as I don't have wall space
(except at 15 high and only 3 feet tall) nor any windows...! Don't
ask! I think we are going to go with our original idea of a bench and
make cushions for it...

Thanks for the plethora of ideas. Perhaps this list will be helpful to
others in the future.

Barb Engvall
=^..^=

Teacher-Librarian