Hi, Dominique.
I loved HP when I was in high school over 40 years ago. He's very scary (I
believe eldritch is the term which best defines his style). I do have a
couple of his collections on my shelves. The Library of America put out a
collection recently. I know I found him in the public library by myself all
those years ago, which, of course, your kids could do today.
I would put him in the same category with Stephen King and Dean Koontz but
more so!
Tom Kaun

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Dominique Collins <
Dominique.Collins@hppc.co.uk> wrote:

> I have been asked about HP Lovecraft but am unsure whether he is
> suitable'.  I know he is a well-respected horror writer, but I wonder
> whether he is too adult for a 13-18 yr old library. This is not my area of
> fiction, so any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Dominique Collins
>
> --
Thomas T. Kaun
Teacher Librarian
Bessie Chin Library @ Redwood High School
395 Doherty Drive, Larkspur, CA 94939
tomkaun@gmail.com | Library Web site: http://rhslibrary.org | Professional
development blog: http://tomlmt2.blogspot.com/ | Library news blog:
http://libraryleaves.blogspot.com

Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day,
something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else
would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of
unanimity.
- Christopher Morley