Here was my TARGET:

My school recently switched to AR Enterprise.  I'm looking for the best way for my
Exceptional Children & Academically Gifted teachers to utilize the program with
their students.  Both teachers see their students in a "pull out" method (students
spend most of their time with their homeroom class) but would like to create teams
within the grade levels they serve, set goals for their students, and be able to
run reports on their students.  I've played around with the program but can't
decide how best to manage the students.

Should I enter the AG & EC teachers in the program as separate classes and enroll
their students so those students are entered into 2 classes (homeroom class & EC or
AG class) or should I just mark the characteristics of the students and then let
the teachers filter by characteristics?

I received 2 responses:

- I added my Special Ed. teachers as a class and enrolled their students in their
class.  When they go to take a test, they have to choose which teacher they want to
take it under.  However, the results will be printed for both teachers (homeroom
and spec. ed) when a report is run. This way the Spec. Ed. teacher only has access
to their students.

- In Renaissance Place, there is a place in class record book to set up teams. That
might be a good place to divide the two classes out without actually assigning them
to another class.  There are a couple of different reports that you can run from
the team reports, it just depends on what details the teachers need.

Virginia Shaddix Crutchfield
Woodland Elementary School
Semora, North Carolina
crutchfield at person . k12 . nc . us