After posting my initial HIT for this question, I received more replies from
Netters and also from the Destiny Tech support. To sum it up, there is no way in
Destiny to run a listing of names only for fines & overdue materials. What you can
do however, is run two separate reports in REPORT Builder and then merge then in
Excel.
Go to REPORTS, then REPORT Builder, and set up a report choosing First, Last &
Middle names and FINES in the first step, skip step 2, specify Last, First Middle
names in the 3rd step as the sort order, then ascending last, first middle in the
4th step, whatever you want counted in step 5, and in step 6 set the limiters as
Library fines due --greater than--0; Patron type equals student; and status equals
active. Then name the report in step 7 using the word FINES somewhere.
Run the report. Go to Job Manager. You can view it & then export it to your hard
drive or My Documents or wherever.
Open Excel and then import the XML file into it.

OVERDUES box. Do the remaining steps and run the report. Export it to your hard
drive saving it with the name OVERDUES so that you can tell the difference.  Import
to Excel.

Here's where it got tricky for me because my memory of Excel is foggy, not having
used it for quite some time. I had to cut and paste the two files into one sheet
and then have Excel alphabetize the list.
This sounds like a lot of steps,  but it actually goes fairly quick once you get
the hang of it. In addition, I have posted a request to Follett to develop a better
report format for an alphabetical list of names only with fines and overdues. I
sincerely hope I haven't left anything out! Good Luck!

Sue Johnston
CHS Library
Aberdeen, SD

sue.johnston@k12.sd.us