"OIF Seeks Reports of Book Challenges in 2008"

http://blogs.ala.org/oif.php?p=2980&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

With the end of the year approaching, the Office for Intellectual
Freedom will be compiling our yearly list of most frequently challenged
books. We collect information for our challenge database from newspapers
and reports submitted by individuals and, while we know that many
challenges are never reported, we strive to be as comprehensive as
possible in our records. We would greatly appreciate if you could send
us any information on challenges in your library or school from 2008.

Carrie Gardner

P.O. Box 1

Bowie MD

ALA Concilor at Large

I support Kent Oliver in the next ALA presidential election.  Kent Oliver is the
Executive Director of a public library district that has formal partnerships with
several school districts in his service area in addition to his history of ALA
involvement with school library issues.? Currently two of his branches are part of,
or adjacent to, large school district community centers housing middle school and
high school libraries. One of those is the high school library for the schools. The
bookmobiles for his library system serve elementary schools in many areas of his
library's district. As such, he is familiar with issues such as school media
collection development, data resource sharing, literacy and media librarian
accreditation in this field.