Dear Fellow LM_NETers,

I have been supporting school libraries for about 17 years. During that time the
"copyright issue" has become a passion of mine. I am happy to provide you all with
this link to the NEW-FREE-ONLINE curriculum for the library and classroom that will
support your efforts to teach students how to become good Digital
Citizens-respectful users and creators of intellectual property. (And it will
educate your classroom teachers along the way.)  Let me know if you have any
questions. My direct email address is included below.

The Digital Citizenship and Creative Content curriculum is the exciting new
resource developed to support teachers' needs for addressing digital citizenship.
We're pleased to announce it will be available on November 20th for use in the
classroom. ! It earned the ISTE "Seal of Alignment." It is aligned to national
standards including:

·         the AASL "Standards for the 21st Century Learner,"

·         National Council For the Social Studies "Thematic Strands,"

·         Center for Civic Education "National Standards for Civics and Government-
Grades 5-8, 9-12,

·         "National Council for Economic Education "Voluntary National Content
Standards in Economics," and

·         National Council for Teachers of English (IRA) "Standards for English
Language Arts."

·         It provides for cross-discipline classroom teaching.

Digital Citizenship and Creative Content provides educators with teaching
resources, an experiential student curriculum, and interactive tools to ensure
students have the knowledge to become influential, respectful consumers and
beneficiaries of intellectual property and creative content in a digital economy.
The curriculum accomplishes this by teaching students about creative rights in a
manner that is meaningful and relevant to them.  The content is well balanced in
addressing a broad range of digitally delivered IP that students interact and
experience on a daily basis.

As a reminder, this curriculum is available to all teachers and schools for FREE,
through Microsoft's co-sponsorship of the program.  As a result of your willingness
to distribute the curriculum through emails and posting a hyperlink button on your
school web page, you will be providing a valuable resource to your staff who will
be able to access it on an ongoing basis.

In addition to offering this initial access we are interested in your ideas to
achieve long-term and sustained adoption of this curriculum. Please contact us with
your thoughts and ideas, as well as any questions that you may have.

To view the curriculum after November 20th, go to:
http://www.digitalcitizenshiped.com

Thanks again for working with us to provide this valuable teaching tool to
secondary classroom teachers. And please let me know when you have emailed or
included the information in your newsletter or posted the link on your web page.

Sincerely,

       Jennifer Maydole

       The "Digital Citizenship and Creative Content" Curriculum

       Maydole@verizon.net

       509.881.0018