Hi There!

I'm working on a project encouraging students to "Read Through the Decades" to give
a historical context of children's books and give an alternate focus to reading by
genre, etc.  I am hoping that when they are finished reading at least one or two
books per decade, they will be able to see themselves as writers and have a new
perspective on how their own publications would fit in when looking to the future.

We seem to have enough in our collection starting from 1944 and on, but I'm
wondering if you have any books in your library "originally" published before that
date.  This is what I have so far: (This is a copy from my original document, pls.
ignore my call numbers--) :)

ð       1944 F Bly The Island of Adventure by Enid Blyton

ð       1943

ð       1942

ð       1941 E Rey Curious George by H.A. Rey

ð       1940 F Gat Blue Willow by Doris Gates

ð       1939

ð       1938 F Bur The Secret Garden by Frances H. Burnett

ð       1937

ð       1936

ð       1935

ð       1934 F Kee By the Light of the Study Lamp by Carolyn Keene

ð       1933 F Dix Footprints Under the Window by Franklin Dixon

ð       1932

ð       1931

ð       1930

ð       1929

ð       1928

ð       1927

ð       1926

ð       1925

ð       1924  821 Mil When We Were Very Young by A.A. Milne

ð       1923

ð       1922

ð       1921

ð       1920

ð       1919 F Bur The Adventures of Bob White by Thornton Burgess

ð       1918

ð       1917

ð       1916

ð       1915

ð       1914

ð       1913

ð       1912

ð       1911

ð       1910

ð       1909

ð       1908

ð       1907

ð       1906

ð       1905

ð       1904

ð       1903

ð       1902 E Pot The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter

ð       1901

ð       1900

ð       1899

ð       1898

ð       1897

ð       1896

ð       1895 E Hew Leopard by Sarah Hewetson

ð       1894

ð       1893

ð       1892

ð       1891

ð       1890

ð       1889

ð       1888

ð       1887

ð       1886

ð       1885  597 Ser Shark and Ray by Vincent Seventy
Any earlier?

Anyone with fill ins for my blanks- could you please email me at the address below?

Anyone interested in a HIT list, please let me know as well.

Anyone who as done this project before, please email me!

Thank you!
-j

Jennifer Starcevic, Librarian
MEI Elementary School
31655 Downes Road
Abbotsford, BC V4X 2M8
604-859-3700 local 213
jstarcevic at meisoc dot com

Please note that this message was sent from Mennonite Educational Institute and is