I will usually reply to an individual or if it's pertinent to the
listserv.  But sometimes I see posts that can easily be found on the web
without having to do the legwork for a person and believe that sometimes
a little self-seeking is good for the soul.  And it also depends on
levels.  If it's secondary, I'll take a greater interest in it than say
elementary.  And yes...the same topics do seem to pop up, but remember
that many new librarians or people join and don't know about archives
yet, so the posts appear.
This is a wonderful tool for information and as Allison Blythe posted,
many great ways to teach and collaborate come from this e-mentoring
listserv.

Naomi Bates
Northwest High School Library
>>> M S <drjesons@GMAIL.COM> 10/01/08 8:01 PM >>>
Hello

In the past whenever I posted a request, I got a lot of help from many
people and I tried to thank them individually as much as I can.  I
posted HIT whenever people asked for it.

Now in the last few weeks I requested at least 6  different people who
posted Targets

or even thanked the list for advices, to share or post a HIT and I
followed the listserv posts that I get as a digest and did not see
these HITS.

I wonder if it is only my experience. Why should I ask the same
questions that others already asked  whether these are questions about
smart board, ideas for social studies, MARC records,
electronic note taking, elementary easy books etc...?

I do search the archives and I find many posts from many years ago
that can be still valuable but it is important to get recent posts.

Do any of you have the same experiences ? and even if one does not get
received ?

Madeleine Zember
Hempstead Schools NY
drjesons@gmail.com