We have a book, Forever by Judy Blume, that has been on the restricted shelf at the
High School for about fifteen years now. This is my first year as the librarian in
my district, and one of my personal goals is to get this book placed back on the
shelf as unrestricted.

I was wondering if anyone had been successful in reinstating a banned or restricted
book in their library and if they had any helpful hints.

My main concern is that we have a large conservative Christian group in our area,
one of the reasons the book was restricted in the first place, and I'm not sure
what kind of resistance I will get from them. I don't want this to backfire and end
up having other books challenged and/or banned in the process. Any ideas would be
much appreciated.

Sara Robisch
District Librarian
School District of Rib Lake