Greetings friends,

Earlier this year, we at the Public Learning Media Laboratory worked
with about a dozen librarians from the LM_Net list to develop
Boolify, which is located at http://www.boolify.org, and has been a
moderate success (many thousand visitors per week, mainly from
schools and libraries).

In our correspondence with several expert search designers, it was
noted that there are two significant updates that need doing; a) to
update the search interface to more accurately represent web
searching (as opposed to true Boolean) and b) to create a more solid
results comparison page.

While the initial work was happily self-funded, we would love to find
a small partner or funder (about $2-3k) who would be willing to help
develop the second stage technology. Who might we approach to
discuss? Are there some library-serving organizations who might
assist? Organizations that might like to partner?

Your suggestions would help improve what seems recognized as a
valuable tool!

Many kind thanks,
--Dave

Dave H. Crusoe
Project Lead, Boolify.org
Public Learning Media Labs, Cambridge MA
dave@plml.org