Oh yes, The Egg and I...
Reminded me of one of my favorites when I need a good laugh "My family
and other animals" by Gerald Durrell.

-----Original Message-----
From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Endlich, Rebecca (EWHS)
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:09 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: HIT: Humorous Adult Book

Hey, you left out my picks! ;)

I reread these books because they remain humorous:
        The Egg and I by McDonald
        Cheaper by the Dozen by Gilbreth
I can add
        The Moon's a Balloon by David Niven (yes, the actor - my husband
used to complain because I read in bed he couldn't sleep because I was
shaking the bed laughing - it is his memoir and just as stylish as he
was)

Rebecca Endlich
Librarian
Edmonds-Woodway High School