To all you super-knowledgeable librarians,

I received the following request from a math teacher.  I am not asking
you to do my research for me, but if anyone has had experience with
information that would be good for this project, I would appreciate your
help.

I haven't had the time to search for what I'm looking for.  If you could
help that would be great!  I'd like to do a statistics unit.  If I can
find a big set of raw data someplace preferably on a topic of potential
interest to the students, then I can teach them how to make some sort of
sense of it all by making tables, graphs, measures of center, etc.
Ultimately I'd like to have them propose some conclusions or results
based on the data.  What I really want is for the data that we use to
also have findings that the creators of the data have published so that
we can compare their findings and interpretations with our own.  AND, it
would be an added bonus if the findings of the authors of the data can
be shown to be slightly biased in any way so as to create some
discussion.  I hope this is clear, and that you can help!

Jo Reinmiller, librarian

Country Day School

Costa Rica