I have been doing some "thinks" this evening as I skimmed my daily LM_NET
digests.

I am going to do my best to make this positive and move the discussion
forward. I don't want this to be seen as negative to some previous posts but
I also want to put a different perspective on several previous posts.

My first "think"; Who gets to decide that as a group we are negative. I hear
that about local librarians but I do not see most of it as being truly
negative. Sure we should be positive and build bridges, and advocate and see
the big picture. But equally valid is the question about why the group has
that perception. We are not all back in the past, I am pretty positive that
almost all of us are with the program. IF there are no complaints, no less
than enthusiastic responses, no "why did you do that" will that really move
us forward?

My second "think"; we discuss the role and future of our group day in and
day out. Only within the listserv it is often the everyday little tasks that
add up to our role and future that get discussed. I have lots of resources
for the big picture from journals to blogs to the AASL page. What I often
need to see and get help with are the details. And the details come with
problems. Lets make room for both discussions.

Debbie - who had to use spell check four times because this time of night
she couldn't figure out how to spell enthusiastic well enough for spell
check to get it right either.

Deborah Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden, Germany