Hello fellow LM_NETTERS,

Earlier this week I found two of our high school students (one our HS
Student Council President) using their independent study period  to
watch an episode of Gossip Girl on a personal mac computer. Our school
allows students to bring their own laptops to school but they are not
able to connect to the school network. I expect that there are more
students viewing personal video content on ipods as well. Our principal
has asked me to lead a discussion regarding this issue at the next
faculty meeting. Do any of your schools have policies regarding what
students are allowed to view?

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

Regards,

Martha Langille

Martha Langille

Librarian

The American International School of Muscat

Tel: 968.2459.5180        Fax: 968.2450.3815

www.taism.com