Thanks to everyone who responded...here are the three responses I got,
plus many asking for a hit. Gotta love LMNet!
Mary Niedenfuhr, LMS
Hughes School
Berkeley Heights, NJ

_*HIT:
*_

sports illustrated for kids http://www.sikids.com/

I noticed someone else commenting about Time for Kids online for free.  It

is Time for Kids Online, BUT it is not the magazine online.  If you click on

the left side under Current Issue you will find this for Grades 4-6

Grades 4-6

Cover Story

    The Republicans Get Rolling

In The News

    The Arctic Ice Is Melting

    A New Clam

    Shiny And New

    How a Hurricane Forms

    One Busy Hurricane Season

    Feeling The Pinch

Top Five

    Top 5 Presidents

More News

    Too Fast for The Game?

    iCarly Is Back

    Mystery Person

    Let the Hunt Begin!Let the Hunt Begin!

    Kid Reporter Machaela Jensen in St. Paul

The articles that appear on the webpage are not the same.  The website also

has two versions.  One for teachers and one for students.  I would see the

website as a compliment to the magazine not a replacement.

Scholastic, National Geographic Explorer and possibly other have websites in

addition to their magazine.  The two I looked at had a link to subscribe to

the magazine.

I did a search for "online magazine children" and "kids magazine online" and

found this one.  I also found one that no longer exists.  Only went to the

first five or six pages of Google, though.

http://www.weeonesmag.com/

it is a wonderful source of information for grades 3 through 7. …Please
take a moment to check out this magazine and its past issues. I’m sure
that you will see what a great resource this would be for your teachers
and students.