I am planning a challenged/banned books assignment and need suggestions for
challenged/banned books that are challenging enough for 8th grade gifted
students, but appropriate for the middle school aged student with respect to
content.  These student are voracious readers with very advanced reading
comprehension skills, but most are only 12-13 years old.  I need 10-15  different
titles.  Can anyone offer suggestions?  I will post a hit  with the responses!
Thanks in advance,

Deborah McDonough, M.A.T.
8th grade ILA (talented and gifted)
LMS student (Longwood University)