Morning all:
       I need to check the archives for this also, but I
am going to send off a quick message in case we have
another brown-out which have been happening a lot here.
       Can anyone think of any books for 1st or 2nd grade
level that talk about the food chain? Something that won't
scare children--at this point in their lives she would not
like to have snakes eating cute furry creatures.
       Also something simple to teach the metric system.
Our teacher remembers using one of the Hershey's weights
and measures books before, but they are now out of print
and quite expensive. If anyone has a similar type title,
it would be appreciated. I have checked that author on
Amazon and found that he had done a fractions book with
apples which may be what he is moving into now, but we
also need something with the metric system.

Thanks for all your help!

Carol Van Brocklin
Librarian
Faith Academy-Mindanao