Hello all.

Has anyone done collaborative summer programming with your local public
library?  If so, what were the circumstances?  Here are some of the things
I'd like to know about:
* Did you use the program that the public library chose?  What was the theme
of the program?
* How old were the students who were involved?  (I ask because typical
summer reading programs target elementary kids, but the public libraries
here do a ton with teens as well; I think it would be interesting to direct
a cohort of HS students to the public library's resources.)
* Did you require students to register for both programs separately?  If
not, how was data sharing handled in light of privacy stipulations?
* What (briefly) were your criteria for a successful program?  Were these
criteria met?
* Would you do it again?  Why or why not?
* Anything else you'd like to share with me...

I'd be happy to compile responses around mid-April and post the HIT to the
list.  Thank you for your information; I've done some theoretical work on
this idea and am really just wondering if this kind of collaboration is
possible in the real world without too many headaches.

Thanks again!

Christie Burke, MLIS
Student (for just a little while longer)
College of St. Catherine, St. Paul, MN
christie.e.burke@gmail.com