Hi ,

In our school we have four terms and teachers issue grades for each term,
which are only 6 - 8 weeks long. The grades are not cumulative from one term
to the next and parent/teacher conferences are held twice a year, at the end
of Term 1 and Term 3. There's been discussion here of changing the report
card schedule because 6 - 8 weeks is not enough time to do enough major
assessments on the MYP criteria. One idea is to switch to a semester-based
system where grades are reported only twice a year but we would still
maintain the parent-teacher conferences mid-way through each semester.  This
would also relieve the burden on teachers of having to write up report cards
4x/year.

For those of you in schools doing the MYP, what, in your experiences, is
your favorite report card schedule?  Semester-based? Quarter-based?
Trimester? with or without progress reports? With or without conferences?

Thanks,
Ilana