Hi everyone!

My campus librarian attended TLA last week and sent this to the LA teachers.  I'm
sure many of you were there too, but I thought I'd pass this along anyway.  A great
list of books grouped by theme by Terry Lesesne.

Enjoy!

Alicia Montgomery
Coppell ISD, Coppell, TX
amontgomery@coppellisd.com<mailto:amontgomery@coppellisd.com>
LA teacher and SLIS student

Hello everyone and welcome back from TLA!  For those of you who attended the
conference, I hope you enjoyed your week!  I had such a great time meeting you and
I also found time to enjoy some great sessions!
I also attended Terry Lesesne's session and I wanted to share with you a few tips
from her!  This was my first time to hear her speak...WOW!!
She broke her book lists down into different 'ladders' / categories......

For books with Meaning......
1.  Knucklehead by John Seiszka
2.  Stink-O-Pedia and other Super Stinky Stuff
3.  Almost Astronauts

For books with a Play theme.........
1.  Blood and Goo and Boogers Too
2.  Absolutely Maybe

For books with a Empathy theme.....
1.  The Negro Speaks of Rivers
2.  The Zoey Zane-Geek Chic
3.  Love Aubrey
4.  Days of Little Texas (This book sounded GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!)
5.  Mudshark
6.  Deep in the Heart of High School

For books with a Sympathy theme........
1.  Going, Going, Gone
2.  The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate
3.  Charles and Emma-The Darwin's Leap of Faith
4.  Tales from Outer Suburbia
5.  Dope Sick (Walter Dean Myers)
6.  Lucky Breaks (sequel to Higher Power of Lucky)
7.  Marcelo in the Real World (this book also sounded great!)

For books with a Story theme.....
1.  Peter and the Wolf
2.  Lemony Snickett-The Composer is Dead
3.  The Magicians' Elephant (Kate Dicomillo)
4.  Somebody (Nancy Springer)
5.  The Forest of Hands and Teeth
6.  Eternal
7.  If the Witness Lied (Caroline B. Cooney)
8.  Funny How Things Change
9.  Scat (Carl Hiaasen)
10.  Same Difference
11.  Lunch Lady (graphic novel series)
12.  King of the Screwups

For books with a design theme....

1.  Spoon
2.  Peace, Locomotion
3.  Everything is fine
4.  Jumped (Rita Williams Garcia)
5.  North of Beautiful
6.  Hopper Grass
7.  This Full House
8.  Winter Girls (Laurie Halse Anderson!!!!)
9.  Soul Enchilada, The Devil is in the Details (this book sounded great!!!)

Happy Reading!!!  Call or email me if you have any questions! ;-)

Jennifer Halley
Texas Account Manager
jennifer.halley@flr.follett.com
[cid:image001.jpg@01C9B62D.2BB9F300]