My original question:

What do you do in your library with these monthly lists? Just wondering about some
ideas for activities.....

I post them on the bulletin board in the hall outside of the library. When there is
something that applies to a particular person or group I mention it to them. The
kids seem to enjoy looking at it.

I don't really use them as an activity, but...I have a computer lab (34 stations)
in my media center. It has six or seven large windows that face out into one of the
main hallways in our school. I used Publisher to create "calendar pages" (like the
boxed desk calendars you see around Christmas time). I print two days out on an 8
1/2 X 11 paper and cut them in half. Then I hang them up in the computer lab
windows. I've gotten a lot of comments/feedback about some of the wackier days!
Kids, staff, and even parents have commented. It's not too time consuming, and it
puts something interesting in the hallway.

I have a monthly events calendar that I update with these events. Then I select a
few, and create book displays around each topic on my library tables. For July, I
had a Moon Day table, a Bastille Day table, etc. I also use the upcoming events to
help guide my story time selections.

Thank you for the ideas!

Sandra Carswell, Librarian
S.C. Lee Junior High School
1205 Courtney Lane
Copperas Cove, TX 76522

254-542-7877

library website: http://ccisd.esc11.net/99120618141227170/site/default.asp

sandracarswell@hotmail.com

sandraca@ccisd.com

"So many books, so little time. Read fast!"
                                    unknown

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me