I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.   We are starting back to
school in three weeks.

My 6th grade teachers are doing "Wednesday Wars" with their Pre-AP
students.   Here is the summary:
During the 1967 school year, on Wednesday afternoons when all his
classmates go to either Catechism or Hebrew school, seventh-grader Holling Hoodhood
stays in Mrs. Baker's classroom where they read the plays of William
Shakespeare and Holling learns much of value about the world he lives in.
The main subjects are the 60's and school.   The book realistic fiction.

My teacher needs a book to read with her non AP students at the same time
as WW is being read.   One that would parallel "Wednesday Wars" in some way.
 We have thought of "Schooled" by G. Korman and "View from Saturday" by
Koensburg.   The book needs to be a lower reading level(3rd-5th) and not over
200 pages.

I've looked and found some good books but the tend to have a girl as the
lead character.   Her non AP classes are mostly boys.   Of course if it was a
great book the character wouldn't matter.

Can you recommend a book on the 60's or school themed to read along with
Wednesday Wars?   Thanks so much!

Pat Hoppe
Lincoln MS
Colorado Springs, Co
marbeth2@aol.com

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See
yours in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditrepor
t.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)