Here are links to lesson plans that I requested a long time ago. Thanks for all the
great help!
Some of my best lesson plans came from articles in Library Sparks and the Teacher's
Helpers and Mailbox professional magazines. There are library lesson books you can
buy from Highsmith.

Try searching for Hanover County Public Schools, Ashland, Virginia. The LMS there
has posted her lesson plans. They have been helpful to me. I have used a few of
them, or adapted them to my own preferences.

Other lesson plan Websites:

http://teachers.net/lessons/posts/posts.html

http://lessonplans.fundingfactory.com/

http://www.lessontutor.com/ltlist.html

http://teachers.net/lessons/posts/posts.html

http://www.emints.org/ethemes/index.shtml<https://piratemail.ecu.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

http://www.emints.org/ethemes/resources/by-title.shtml<https://piratemail.ecu.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

 http://www.emints.org/ethemes/search.shtml

http://www.everydayteaching.com/

 http://www.apples4theteacher.com

http://coloringbookfun.com/

http://childfun.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=15

http://lessonplans.fundingfactory.com/

http://www.lessontutor.com/ltlist.html

You can get ideas from informationliteracy.org<http://informationliteracy.org>
Some other lesson plan ideas guides are thinkfinity.org<http://thinkfinity.org>
though there isn't a lot of library-specific lessons, it will certainly provide
tools and ideas.

Also, here is a site with links to numerous other information literacy lesson
information/ sites:
http://www.sldirectory.com/libsf/resf/libplans.html

http://hcps2.hanover.k12.va.us/instruction/media/

http://www.highsmith.com/upstart/search/lessons/

* Library Sparks helps but I didn't find it was a great deal of help with upper
grades. Ask LM net for specifics, and you'll have a wealth of suggestions.
* " IT's Elementary" was a book about integrating technology into the curriculum
and gave me some ideas that I could use in the library-the kids love anything they
can do on the computer. I did a teacher inservice using that as my guide last
August.
*Pick an author of the month for upper and lower grades and go from there.  For
example: I just did Lois Ehlert stations with K--after introducing the
author/illustrator info, they rotate through stations where they look at her books,
create pictures using foam shapes, color a page from Chick a Chick a Boom Boom, and
create their own little book.  I just folded and stapled a sheet of paper into a 4
page "book".  For the older kids, I pick the author, do a booktalk, then might have
them do a little Internet research and create a bookmark (for example) for that
author using precut cardstock. You can pick different activities to suit different
authors/genres. There are author video interviews at this Website:
http://www.readingrockets.org/books/interviews/avi  A web search for activities or
lessons and author will yield lots of results.
*"Stretchy library lessons" has been recommended
*Decide what library skills you want to teach (Scope and Sequence again) at each
grade level . World Almanac has some great black line masters for their atlases,
and my kids (4-6) just love playing their World Almania game for practice using
almanacs.
*I love Storyline Online http://www.storylineonline.net/ and the younger kids do
too. My problem is bandwidth and I can't have that many on at the same time.
* Use current events and holidays to create a lesson or webquest.  There are many
out there, but I have found that most are more suited to classroom use. I usually
make my own brief webquests.
*The kids 2nd-6th love "history mysteries" and researching them online or using our
subscription encyclopedia.  We have looked into the Loch Ness Monster (they love
the webcams), Roanoke, Easter Island, Sarah Winchester and others.  Jane Yolen's
series is a good springboard here as well as a book called "The Mysterious Times".

Try Thinkfinity for lesson ideas at http://www.thinkfinity.org/ and Read Write
Think at www.readwritethink.org<http://www.readwritethink.org/>.  For Smartboard
and printable puzzles, try http://www.dltk-kids.com/.  Also, I subscribe to the
magazine SLMAM which has lessons, rubrics, etc.

I am doing some of the ideas from this page with my k-2 kids:
http://www.eric-carle.com/bb-crab.html

For my 3-5 classes I am doing various jeapardy activities:  you are welcome to use
my quia website account and pull any of the activities for your classes:  The
website is
www.quia.com/pages/gaeslibrary.html<http://www.quia.com/pages/gaeslibrary.html>

http://cmsweb1.loudoun.k12.va.us/5093055133359/blank/browse.asp?a=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&c=64794

Stretchy Lesson Plans by Pat Miller have been a great resource for me
this year during my first year!

Kathy Schrock's guide for educators is great, and has lesson plans for every
subject and grade level. If you just google her name you'll find her site.

When I first started (3 years ago) I bought a copy of Complete Library Skills K-2,
3-5. The isbn #: is 0742419533 (grade 3, publisher McGraw Hill. It gave me some
ideas to start with.  I also subscribe to Library Sparks.  Great ideas.
This is a link to my school district's lesson plan page.  I'll look through my
bookmarks for others.
http://hisdlibraryservices.org/Scope_and_Sequence/scope_and_sequence.htm

Loudoun County Virginia---Elementary

http://cmsweb1.loudoun.k12.va.us/5093055133359/blank/browse.asp?a=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&c=64794