Greetings,

The departments in our school have a lot of topical resources that they keep
in their departmental offices. Each department is responsible for keeping
track of what resources it has and where these may go (to teachers from the
dept, to students). But all of the inventory and keeping track is done
manually. If any of you have this situation at your schools, what
programs/systems to you have in place? I'm not just talking about textbooks
but other resources (books, dvds, etc.). Do any of you catalog these
resources for the departments and set up individual branches for their
offices? Have any of the departments tried using LibraryThing as a tool?
Does your school have Follett's textbook manager program and the depts. keep
track of their resources through that?

I'm trying to figure out some good alternatives to suggest to departments
other than the library cataloging everything into our library catalog but
creating branch: Humanities Office, etc. And I don't really think it's a
library responsibility since these are not library resources but I do want
to be helpful as keeping track of resources is a problem at our school.

So, any words of wisdom/experience would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ilana Locker
Secondary School Librarian
International School of Tanganyika