Thanks for everyone who sent in their suggestions.  I have two huge piles of books
to read and am sure will find more before this week is over.  I am working hard on
preparing for the presentation and after I give the presentation - I will be happy
to share with you all my handouts.

Here are the responses I received:
City of Bones (dark but great) ,
The Hunger Games (many suggested this title)
Airhead
Dead Girl Walking
Chains
Dairy Queen by Murdock
Artichoke’s Heart by Saladee
Wednesday Wars by Schmidt
Unwind, Schwa was Here, Antsy Does Time, Shadow Club Rising, Full Tilt by Shusterman
Any of Mike Lupica’s YA books
We have some Ted Dekker books (Black, Red, White) which are adult titles, but ok
for jr high (he also has a new YA series, The Lost Book)
Chains by Anderson
Compound by Bodeen
Project Sweet Life by Hartinger
Gamer Girl by Mancusi
The Host by Meyer
Sunrise over Fallujah by Myer
Brett McCarthy: Work in Progress by Padian
Adoration of Jenna Fox by Pearson
The Book Thief by Zusak
After Tupac & D Foster by Woodson
Rules of Survival by Werlin
Diamonds in the Shadow by Cooney
Schooled by Gordon Korman

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Shift by Jennifer Bradbury
If the Witness Lied by Cooney
Sweetheart of Prosper County by Alexander

The Lone Star (TX middle school recommended reading) consideration list is
available at
<http://www.txla.org/groups/yart/lonestarlists.html>

Hi Brenda-
 This spring LM_NET posted their lists of the most highly circulated
titles for ES, MS and HS. Mackin converted these into consideration
lists and ,since you have a Mackin account, I  placed the middle school
list in that web account and it is titled LM NET MS.We also just
published our latest version of Compendium (the latest, greatest and
best-reviewed by  level), which can be accessed from our home page
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter (Gallagher Girls #3)
Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede
The Silver Door by Holly Lisle (Moon & Sun #2)
Thanks Again!
Brenda Lemon
District Librarian
Chapman Kansas