Hello Everyone and Happy December!

I have a student request for finding primary source info regarding the
Roman Empire in regards to the Olympics.  I have to admit that I am totally
befuddled. I looked in the World Book Encyclopedia to read a little background
 understanding that the Romans began conquering the Greeks during the 140's
BC  and the games began to lose their religious meaning and that eventually
with  Greece becoming part of the Roman Empire Emperor Theodsius I banned
the  games. A book on Ancient Olympics gave me the Roman writer  Pausanias. I
did a Google search and came up with the name Lucian who wrote  a
commentary on the spectacular death of Roman Philosopher Peregrinus at the  games
in
165. Other than that and some artwork,  I am totally  stumped.  I did some
keyword searches on Gale Databases and came up with  only modern Olympic
information. So I have found information, but again the only  primary source
information is the pictures, Lucian's account of the Peregrinus'  death, and
Pausanias's work came up.  Are there any other primary sources  that I am
overlooking on the Internet. Any ideas or search tips?   Thanks.

Camille  Atkins
Librarian
Fredericksburg Academy
Fredericksburg,  VA