I have to share this great idea.  Our guidance assistant  thought of
this and it's been very successful.  She purchased  a 2 sided dry
erase board on wheels. It's  large, the writing surface is 41 inches
by 28 inches, and with the wheels, it's quite visible.   On it are
announcements of meetings, reminders and  happenings at the school.
Athletic events are even included.  It's placed in the middle of our
main hallway where there is a lot of traffic.  She updates it each
morning, and makes it attractive by using several colors of dry erase
markers.  There is an option she can use by putting clips on the
board to hand out flyers.  One frequent handout is an update she does
for seniors listing available scholarships and how to apply and
deadlines.    I can see adapting this and getting a smaller board for
library events,  putting it outside the library doors, or even a
table top model for inside the library.

Sue Rice, District Librarian
Evergreen Local Schools
Metamora, Ohio