From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Patty Eskew
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 1:01 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: old equipment

We send our outdated equuipment to our district's fixed assets & it is auctioned
on-line.  A word of caution--we have sent many older overhead projectors to fixed
assets over the 4 years that I have been in this position.  The district is now in
the midst of implementing Spence Rogers' programs.  He believes that we should junk
lcd projectors and go back to overheads.  Now we are purchasing new overheads!

Patty Eskew, Librarian
Spring High School
Spring ISD
19428 I-45 North
Houston, TX 77373
281-891-7092
pattye@springisd.org

"Books are dangerous things sometimes...They feed your imagination."  Poison by
Chris Wooding

>>> Sonja Schulz <sschulz@NACOGDOCHES.K12.TX.US> 12/14/2009 12:37 PM >>>

With so much new technology coming on campus, and only so much storage
space, what is everyone doing with their "old" equipment that is still
perfectly usable, but only rarely needed?  I have what seems like 5
million alpha smarts, tape recorders, and overhead projectors, for
example.

Sonja Schulz,

Librarian,

GT Campus Coordinator,

Mike Moses Middle School

Nacogdoches, Tx 75961

Member of the Texas Lone Star Committee

visit my blog at:  www.knightsreadbooks.blogspot.com

Spring Independent School District is an equal opportunity employer. The Board of
Trustees and its agents, officers and staff members shall not discriminate on the
basis of gender, race, disabling condition, age, color, religion, sex, national
origin, military status, or any other legally protected status in making decisions
regarding staff members or students.

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may have
received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that
fact and delete the copy you received. In addition, you should not print, copy,
transmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information.