Please don't dump your equipment on the elementary schools - unless they ask
for it!  We've been the "lucky recipients" of computers discarded by the
high schools.  We can't do much more with a 5 year old computer than they
can.

Our Director of Library Services keeps a slide projector for us to use on
the rare occasions we need one.  The last time I used it was for a visiting
author who hadn't made the leap to PowerPoint.  His one slide projector
suffices nicely for our 20+ elementary schools.  There are some still in the
middle schools - art teachers who still insist on showing slides.

I got rid of my last filmstrip projector about 5 years ago - the one teacher
who clung to filmstrips FINALLY retired.  I thought about making her a going
away bouquet made of old filmstrips but restrained myself.

I still have some tape players - again, I have some primary teachers who
have boxes of books w/ cassettes that they acquired with their Scholastic
Points and they won't let go.

We are switching over to LCD projectors - most teachers hang on to  their
overhead for a year or two after the switch and finally agree to let them
go. I do keep a couple around for presenters who still insist on using one.
Many of our "presenters" are of the "do as I say, and not as I model" school
of presenting.

Everything else left the building and went to surplus.  What they do with it
is not my problem.
It was easy to get it out of my workroom.  For some reason the stack
obstructed  one of the exits and the Fire Marshall ordered us to move it
all.
And how did it get in front of the exit?  Well, the Library Gremlins work in
mysterious ways.

Guusje Moore
Librarian, Housman Elementary School
Spring Branch ISD