Hi all!

   One of the English teachers at my school, who I normally go to for
answer to obscure questions, came to me with a question...

  He wants to buy a book for his wife as a Christmas present from their
infant daughter.  All he remembers are vague details...

 Here are the details:

It is a...

-          Christmas book

-          Children's book

-          About Life at the North Pole

-          Christmas Eve (or Christmas morning) everyone eats oatmeal
and whoever finds the walnut in the oatmeal will have good luck for the
coming year

-          Elaborate illustrations (some with a "Where's Waldo" feel to
them)

-          Last page - Santa Claus is on a beach

-          First bought in the late 1980s or perhaps early 1990s - not
be confused with a publication date of that time frame

  He hears me talk about this listserv and the wonderful help it is all
the time, getting this book title would put a personal touch to it for
him!

My email is cpoirier@neacademy.org

Thank you so much for your help!

Christine