My apologies to the group:

Apparently I have received YOUR gifts this year, because yesterday I wrote 34 thank
you notes to my students who gave me gifts of fudge, candy canes, amazon gift
cards, starbucks gift cards, bath and body works products, books, bookmarks,
candles, homemade cards, hand-drawn pictures of the library shelves, and a million
hugs.

To those that did not receive gifts --- please accept my gratitude for plugging
along without the verbal encouragement, and for loving children and literacy and
books and stories, especially because you didn't get the "perqs." You are needed,
even if no one close by recognizes it.

I have worked in 7 different libraries: a city main library, a branch library,
university libraries, a presidential library, and (my favorite) a private
elementary school library. My take-home pay is less than my 25-yr-old daughter's
starting salary in business 2 years ago of $40K. BUT the hugs and parental
appreciation is much, much more important to me at this point in my life.

Too bad that school boards, principals, and parents don't realize that many of us
might take appreciation over higer salaries. Maybe we can start a movement of
gratitude to others who plug along with little thanks. I'm starting with the
convenience store employees who will be working tomorrow on Christmas, and the
medical employees at the area hospitals.

Thanks!

Blessings and merry Christmas,

Liz Frame
San Antonio Christian Elementary
(enjoying Christmas and 3" of snow in Dallas!)