Hi all,

I hope you are having a great winter break. I need some guidance - and
so am reaching out to my favorite professionals. And I do recognize that
this is a bizarre request. ;)

I am about to release some important professional development materials.
This will be an approximately 2 hour professional development video
(narrated slides) addressing Internet safety. There will be a 30 page
handout. It is quite comprehensive - covers what I think teachers need
to know to address Internet safety issues. It could be a book - but I am
trying to be more brief. And I will provide information that should
allow folks to get 2 continuing education hours.  Here is what my
material covers:

Part I ~ Instructional Insight
Background Material on Issues and Concerns.
Influences on Online Behavior.
Instructional Objectives.
Effective Education and Risk Prevention.
Protecting Children.
Empowering Teens.

Part II ~ Internet Safety Education
Cyber Safe Kids ~ Primary
Cyber Savvy Kids & Teens ~ Intermediate, Middle and High School
Foundational Issues. Making good choices. Addictive access. Posting
personal information. Interacting with others.
Sites and Technologies. Computer security and scams. Acceptable use
agreements. Online pornography. Market profiling and advertising. Social
networking.
Specific Risks. Electronic aggression. Risky sexual and personal
relationships.
Guidance for Parents.
School Staff Online.
Several lesson plans.

I also have a scope and sequence for instruction - K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8,
and 9-12. This covers all of the issues set forth for students in Part
II. And 1 to 6 page handouts for each of these grade levels. These are
not specific lessons. They are the material from which lessons can be
created. The material described in this paragraph will be provided for
no cost for non-profit educational activities.

There will also be one page versions of the student material and
material that can be used for posters or computer screens that will be
included with the professional development resources.

I have worked for many months on this. And do intend to charge for these
materials. I have no grants or funding. But I am trying to figure out
how much to charge. Given the financial situation in schools I am
inclined to charge low. But a colleague of mine who is a business school
professor advises against this. Apparently, the research indicates that
charging low leads to a perception of lack of credibility.

I think I have established credibility with you folks. I want to make
sure I establish credibility with your principals and other teachers.
This is very important because there is a significant degree of
misunderstanding about these issues - and I am presenting accurate,
research-based information.

So I am hoping some of you would be willing to tell me what you think
the top amount I could charge - and the ideal amount. I am also trying
to be responsive to school size. Please tell me if these numbers for
sizes are about right.

Individual
Schools (or districts) with around 400 students
Schools (or districts) with around 800 students
Schools (or districts) with around 1,600 students
Schools over 1,600 students
(Districts over 1,600 students should purchase by school or contact for
special pricing.)

If you are university faculty or a trainer, you will be able to obtain
the presentation for a very low amount. I will set up with Copyright
Clearance Center, so there will be a charge for the student copies of
the materials that you  can pass on.

Thanks in advance for any of you who are willing to help.

Nancy
--
Nancy Willard, M.S., J.D.
http://csriu.org

Cyberbullying and Cyberthreats: Responding to the Challenge of Online
Social Aggression, Threats, and Distress (Research Press)

Cyber-Safe Kids, Cyber-Savvy Teens: Helping Young People Learn to Use
the Internet Safely and Responsibly (Jossey-Bass)