The screening process can't be strict. Last year the entry on our
village was an excellent example of why Wikipedia should not be
considered completely authoritative; the founding father was one of our
own high school students and the median income was in the six digits. I
wish.

The entry has been corrected, but it stayed under the radar for months,
and of course we used it to show students that while Wikipedia may be
interesting and informative, it should never be used as a reference.

Susan Solo
Library Media Center
Grass Lake High School
Grass Lake, MI 49240
solo@grasslakeschools.com

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the
set, I go into the other room and read a book.”

- Groucho Marx

>>> jo turrentine <joturrentine@YAHOO.COM> 2/2/2009 3:01 pm >>>
This four-minute video highlights the discussion, which ranged from
using Wikipedia and consulting librarians to developing critical
thinking skills for the ...

I watched it but I am not sure if Eisenberg if advocating it or not.
Also I thought you had to go through a strict process to edit
wikipedia?
link to video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKI7yOl8nQY

Jo Sorrell