I am on a committee charged with revising our senior paper and project.  We are
looking for ways to spread out the work to other faculty besides the English dept
and to increase the relevance of the project and paper.  We also want to hold
students accountable for the project hours instead of allowing them to fake it the
last week or two before it is due.  Right now we require an 8-10 page, documented
research paper and a public presentation of the paper and project.  We like what we
are doing but we want to improve it so that more students are held to a high
standard and also show that they can write a decent paper. (We are open to changing
the length and focus of the paper)  Some of us want to encourage service learning
as the project piece. We have lots of low socioeconomic and at risk students and
lots at the other end of the spectrum too.  Thanks in advance.
Becky Kleinhesselink
South Medford High School
815 South Oakdale
Medford OR  97501