Here is a list of books that I received for "fun" HS book club books.  I have still
not made my final decision, but I am working on it!  Thanks so much for all of your
suggestions.  A word of warning that I just cut and pasted answers so some books
appear more than once if they were suggested more than once.  Thanks again for all
of your help!

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
Ender's Game
I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
David Lubar's "Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie?"
Dairy Queen and Off Season
Twilight and its off shoots
I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You
The Transall Saga
Any Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Everlost
Life As We Knew It
The Dead and the Gone
Born to Rock by Gordon Korman
City of Bones
Uglies
 Pretties
Avalon High
Wicked Lovelies
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (intense, but not depressing)
Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman
The Hunger Games (again, pretty intense, but really good!)
Gaiman and Pratchett's *Good Omens*
No More Dead Dogs
Sleeping Freshman Never Lie by Lubar
24 dates in 7 days
The Wednesday wars by Gary D. Schmidt
Uglies Series by Westerfeld or his Peeps series
Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes
Absolutely, Positively Not by David LaRochelle
Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar
Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by Lubar
Marley and Me
City of the Beasts by Isabel Allende
Rash by Peter Hautman
An Abundance of katherines by John Green
Losing Joe's Place by Gordan Korman
Dunk by David Lubar
Never Cry "Arp!"  and Other Great Adventures by Patrick F. McManus
The Amazon Papers by Beverly Keller
Romeo and Juliet - Together (and Alive!) At Last by Avi
24 Girls in 7 Days by Alex Bradley
Notes from the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonneblick
Schooled by Gordon Korman
Ruby Tuesday by Kogler
Reivers by Faulkner
Dunk by Lubar
More Than You Can Chew by Tokio
Something Rotten
Rules of the Road or Hope was Here by Joan Bauer
Teen, Inc., Son of the Mob, and Rash
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
I'm Being Stalked by a Moonshadow by Doug MacLeod
Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizner
Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Series by Louise Rennison
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell
Voss (David Ives)
*Peeps* by Scott Westerfeld or *The Hunger Games* by Suzanne Collins
How about the Alchemyst: the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel  by
Michael Dylan Scott
The serious kiss  by Mary Hogan
Boy2girl  by Terence Blacker
The Day they came to arrest the book   by Nat Hentoff
Overboard  by Elizabeth Fama
Rise of Lubchenko  & Finding Lubchenko  (can't remember which is first)  by
Michael Simmons
Downsiders  or the Dark side of nowhere  by Neal Shustermann
The grave  by James Heneghan
I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones (very light-hearted and often
tongue-in-cheek)
Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (Maybe) by
Kimberly Pauley
The Squire's Tale by Gerald Morris (slightly irreverent look at Arthurian legend;
any of the books from this series would be good)
Temping Fate by Esther Friesner (girl takes temp job for the summer, ends up
working for the 3 fates and embroiled in Greek mythology in the modern world)
The Runaway Princess by Kate Coombs
Born to Rock by Korman

Catherine Mudd
District Librarian