Next year, after many years of serving a K-8 school located in one spot, we will
have two campus locations, one K-5 and one 6-10, across town from each other. It is
a temporary situation (1-2 yrs, probably), so there will not be a place for a
library, and anyway, moving the library to serve the older students is not
feasible, a bookmobile isn't available, and duplicating material is not financially
possible (or really that wise for so short a time).

I do not want the older students to lose their love of reading or their access to
good books. So - I need ideas on how to best serve them. There will be teachers
traveling back and forth to them several times a week (but not I), so delivering
desired books and getting returning books back will be possible, if not easy. Any
ideas on how to do this most effectively, what I should beware of, how to let the
older kids know what we have that's new, how to allow them access to magazines,
etc.?

Any advice will be eagerly read. Please contact me offlist at
bwinslow1165@wcnet.org, and put "2 campus locations" in the subject line, so I can
pull them out of the mass of other mail I get weekly. Thanks!!

Betty Winslow
Media Center Director
BGCA
1165 Haskins Rd.