Here' s some resources, Linda, from posts on AASLForum by Alma Ramos-McDermott and
Ann Marie Pipkin:

RESOURCES
http://inaugural.senate.gov/history/daysevents/index.cfm
This is a nice set of slides that covers the 9 major events of the day. The other
links on the page are helpful for a more in-depth study. Lots of interesting
'firsts.'

http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=5768
This is a first hand report from a young student, now a teen, of his first
inaugural experience. Nice viewpoint.

http://techsavvymama.blogspot.com/2009/01/websites-of-week-inauguration-websites.html
This site lists many resources, video tours of the White House and some
reproducible materials.

Alma
* * * * * * * * * * * *
 don't know if you can use these for elementary school; however, here are some:

Library of Congress
http://www.memory.loc.gov/learn/features/inaug/inaug.html

C-Span Resources (includes high/middle school worksheet)
http://www.c-span.org/classroom/govt/inauguration.asp

Teacher Vision (includes lesson plan on inaugural poetry)
http://www.teachervision.fen.com/elections/teacher-resources/6615.html

We Must Not Be Enemies: Lincoln's First Inaugural Address
http://edsitement.neh.gov/view_lesson_plan.asp?id=246

Great Presidential Inauguration Websites
http://www.ourwhitehouse.org/greatinaugsites.html

These should be of help.

Ann Marie Pipkin
* * * * * * * * * * * *
I found this site. I don't know how much bandwidth will be required to watch. Our
district is discouraging live streaming, as it'll slow down the district servers if
too many teachers do so, and may cause them to crash.

Instead, a suggested plan is to get as many classes as possible into a large room
and show it on a tv that's hooked up to a screen.

http://www.webtvhub.com/watch-obama-inauguration-acceptance-speech/

Alma

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sara Kelly Johns

Immediate Past President, AASL

Associate Editor for AASL Community, Knowledge Quest

Lake Placid Middle/High School LMC

34 School Street

Lake Placid, NY 12946

518-523-2474, ext. 4132

FAX: 518-523-4861

johns@northnet.org

SaraKJohns@aol.com

"Information is the currency of democracy." -- Thomas Jefferson