Last night I posted in about the Stephen Colbert show, because his guest was
Lawrence Lessig, author of a book about today's copyright laws, called *Remix.
*In what seemed like very rich irony, people who went to the site today
found a notice saying that the clip had been removed at the request of the
publisher, Penguin Press. The book is about how today's copyright laws need
to be updated and changed to allowed for the mashups and remixes that
people, especially kids, are doing, rather than "make criminals out of 70%
of today's kids." The conversation is lots of fun to watch, with Colbert
taking the conservative stance as always. Anyway, I just went to the site
and now you can see the clip. In fact you can see the entire episode. The
whole show takes about 30 min, and I think it is all funny. But if you just
want to see the part of the show that is about copyright, just move the
slider over to the last part of the show where Stephen is talking to a young
bespectacled guy dressed all in black. My understanding is that the book
will be released in full via Creative Commons before too long. I had a
number of messages about the lack of access to the clip, and also learned
there are other Colbert fans out there, so I thought it was worth letting
you know the bit is now available. Cheers, mabell

--

"Try Curiosity!"--Dorothy Parker