pgass wrote:
> I just read your post on LM_Net and am happy to see that
> Missouri is working on new information literacy standards.
>
> Question:  The LMSs and our Technology Ed. person in our
> district are working to revise our local info. lit standards
> and are using the NETS and AASL standards to do so.  Our
> district wants us to have it done by this summer. We are
> examining the curriculm guides for all the core areas to see
> where these standards fit and will try to integrate ours
> into the core areas.  Since we will probably have to have
> our curriculum done before the MO one gets finished, do you
> feel we are on the right track?  Should we try to get our
> deadline postponed?  Thank you for the heads up.

I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been. In the summer of 2007 a
committee of librarians met at the request of the Department of
Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) to revise our State Standards
for libraries. These standards don't deal with what we teach, but rather
deal with how many books we have, how many periodicals, etc., and how
they are counted. During the 2008-2009 school year DESE has a committee
working on the Class Level Expectations (CLEs) and Grade Level
Expectations (GLEs) for information literacy. This group is writing the
stands for what we will be teaching.

I was on the 2007 committee and I suspect that that's how I ended up on
the current committee. Sorry for the confusion.

Our current standards are here:
http://www.dese.mo.gov/divimprove/lmc/documents/library_standards_08.pdf

--
David Lininger, kb0zke