I already posted a hit on this, but I got more answers after that msg. I also got a
list of books like Ranger's Apprentice, which was one of the suggestions I had
gotten, so I put that on here also. There might be duplicates:

Books like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series:

Gregor the Overlander series by Collins
Mary Pope Osborne’s 6 volume series based on Homer’s Odyssey
Fire Thief books by Terry Deary
The Dark is Rising series by Cooper (includes The Grey King)
Ranger’s Apprentice series by Flanagan
Amulet of Samarkand trilogy by Stroud
Pandora gets Jealous by Hennessy

Diane Duane's Young Wizards series
Timothy Zahn's Dragonback series.

The Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix.

 1.  Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart

2.  Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud

3.  Gregor the Overlander series by Suzanne Collins

4.  King of Attolia trilogy by Megan Turner Whelan

5.  Sea of Trolls & Land of Silver Apples by Nancy Farmer

6.  Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan

7.  Septimus Heap series (Magyk) by Angie Sage

8.   Hungry City Chronicles (Mortal Engines) by Philip Reeve

9.   Guardians of Time Trilogy (The Named) by Marianne Curley

10. Starcatchers Trilogy (Peter and the Starcatchers) by Dave Barry

11.  Book of the Stars Trilogy (Quadehar the Sorceror) by Erik L'Homme

12.  Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (Wolf Brother) by Michelle Paver

13.  Alfrod Kropp trilogy by Rick Yancey

Key to Rondo by Emily Rodda.

The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu

Warriors series by Erin Huner

Alex Rider series by Horowitz